💯 Why Do One Better
With the amount of toxic ingredients found in toothpaste that can have harmful impacts when inhaled on your body, it's worthwhile to invest in a candle that you know won't have a negative impact on your body.
We don't have a piece on the true cost of toothpaste yet, where we will go further into the environmental and human issues and discuss about the future direction of toothpaste.
Sign up on our homepage, so you can get notified when this piece comes out!
For now, take a look at the ingredients below to learn more about why they could prove harmful to you. Also check out other potential brands that we recommend for a more sustainable, ethical and more affordable option!
🗒️ Ingredients to Watch Out For
We recommend you look into more depth about these ingredients and how they could affect your body. Generally, these descriptions should apply to most people.
- FD&C Blue 1: Synthetic dye produced from petroleum.
- Parabens (methyl-, isobutyl-, propyl- and others): A preservative to prevent bacteria from growing in cosmetics and toothpaste that has been found to mimic the hormone estrogen.
- Propylene glycol: Used to improve a products shelf life, appearance and texture. In large quantities, it has been linked to damage of the central nervous system, liver and heart.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate: A harsh cleaning agent that can cause irritation in gums.
- Triclosan: Antibacterial and antifungal ingredient used as a preservative. This chemical negatively impacts the immune system and cardiovascular function.
We know that some prices are higher than average (around $3.50), so we are always on the hunt for more affordable alternatives.
Don't see a brand you believe we should recommend, let us know here!
Note: We are not sponsored for any of these links today.