💯 Why Do One Better
With the amount of toxic and unnecessary chemicals that are found in bagged tea, it may be worthwhile to purchase organic, fair trade, loose leaf tea!
We don't have a piece on the true cost of tea yet, where we will go further into the environmental and human issues and discuss about the future direction of tea.
Sign up on our homepage, so you can get notified when this piece comes out!
For now, take a look at the ingredients below to learn more about why they could prove harmful to you. Also check out other potential brands that we recommend for a more sustainable, ethical and more affordable option!
🗒️ Ingredients to Watch Out For
We recommend you look into more depth about these ingredients and how they could affect your body. Generally, these descriptions should apply to most people. Sourced from Joyous Health.
- Artificial Flavors/Colors: Similar to fragrance, an umbrella term where it's difficult to tell what actually is inside the ingredient.
- Food Coloring: Majority of food coloring come from petrochemical based chemicals
- Artificial Sweeteners: Linked to obesity, glucose intolerance, changes to gut microbiome, and cardiovascular disease.
- Microplastics: Most tea bags break down when put into hot water, releasing billions of microplastics, which can seep inside the cells in your body.
- Bleach: A common ingredient tea bags are made from which can be contaminated with dioxins, which are carcinogenic.
- Pesticides: Commonly found in non organic teas — many teas that are made in China are produced using pesticides .
Check out some of these brands for a more sustainable, ethical and affordable option. We know that some prices are higher than average, so we are always on the hunt for more affordable alternatives.
We are recommending the following brands because the teas are loose leaf (no tea bags to worry about), are sustainably and ethically sourced, and are fair trade.
Don't see a brand you believe we should recommend, let us know here!
Note: We are not sponsored for any of these links today.