💯 Why Do One Better
We don't have a piece on the true cost of coffee yet, where we will go further into the environmental and human issues and discuss about the future direction of coffee. Gibson is super excited to write this upcoming piece.
Sign up on our homepage, so you can get notified when this piece comes out!
For now, take a look at the ingredients below to learn more about why they could prove harmful to you. Also check out other potential brands that we recommend for a more sustainable, ethical and more affordable option!
🗒️ Ingredients to Watch Out For
We recommend you look into more depth about these ingredients and how they could affect your body. Generally, these descriptions should apply to most people. Sourced from Business Insider and Mamavation.
- Acetylmethylcarbinol: A flammable yellow liquid gives coffee a rich, buttery taste. It is also a component of artificial flavoring in popcorn.
The following are pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides that may not be directly on the label of your coffee, but are used during coffee growing and production if the coffee is not organic.
- Methyl Parathion: An insectificde that's highly toxic.
- Endosulfan: Pesticide that impacts central nervous system, kidney, liver, and reproductive organs.
- Triadimefon: Fungicide used against coffee rust and suspect of reproductive issues.
- Dichorovos: Insecticide linked to increased odds of ADHD in children.
Check out some of these brands for a more sustainable, ethical and affordable option. We know that some prices are higher than average (around $17/bag), so we are always on the hunt for more affordable alternatives.
Don't see a brand you believe we should recommend, let us know here!
Note: We are not sponsored for any of these links today.